Returning to the truth is a virtue

I was one of those who welcomed the presidential decree of reconvening the parliament which I thought, at the time, was based on true legal terms and is not inconsistent with the Constitutional Court ruling. This was mainly in the interest of Egypt and to alleviate the suffering of the Egyptians and aid the separation of powers. 

Yet after the issuance of a new ruling from the Supreme Constitutional Court abolishing the above mentioned decree by invalidating the elections of the parliament, I side now with the rule of law and respect the judiciary and its provisions announcing that I am backing down and discontinuing my membership in the parliament or participating in its duties and sessions out of respect for my self and the constituents who elected me, also out of respect to Egypt's political future. In the end, doing what is right is the only thing that's valid.

(May God grant us success and aid us to find the truth).

Mohamed Anwar El Sadat 

info@el-sadat.org

0 comments :

إرسال تعليق