Statement of Protest and Denunciation Regarding the Tricks of the Government

I had doubts from the onset that the government, security, and leaders of the National Party had held the intention to ban me from taking part in the parliamentary elections of 2010, however recent events have shown that this is the truth, based on the illegal actions they have taken and tricks they used on me. Opponents who do not want me to stand a chance in the upcoming elections have simply changed my status from Farmers’ seat to Categories, thereby forcing me to face my brother Effat El-Sadat, NDP candidate, as well as other independent candidates in this race.

My opponents fear a fair election. Instead, they used coercion and planned to confuse the citizens of the Tala district. This has never happened to any former deputy in the Egyptian parliament. My opponents succeeded in changing my status, even though I won the parliamentary elections of 2005 as a Farmers Representative, with no major changes in my activity since then. Moreover, a crucial abuse of this situation has perpetuated the corruption in the elections: noting that there are numerous NDP candidates who changed their representative statuses in the past few days. This is considered a fatal abuse and many appeals have been submitted against them, but absolutely not action has been taken to correct this situation.

Regarding the change of my status, after finally reaching the Administrative Court, I submitted a complaint and appeal to cancel the decision taken against me. As of a court proceeding on the 21st of November, the Court has upheld the decision to rectify the situation and confirm that I must run in the elections on the Famer’s seat. The Court also decided to compel the Supreme Committee for Elections and the Interior Ministry to keep my original status as Worker in the list of Elections.

I still doubt the government's intention, as it is clear and obvious, from this tampering, that they want to exclude me from the elections of 2010. This makes me close to refraining from continuing to participate in these dishonest and deceitful elections. Egypt’s citizens were promised a fair, equal, and transparent election. I thought that it would be a fair and just election based on the assurances of the President himself. Despite hardships, I tried to act positively and to ignore the voices calling to boycott the elections. However, this corruption shows that it is clear that the government is willing to exclude me from the Council, likely because I did not agree with their decisions simply in order to satisfy them. I always defend the truth.

Anwar Esmat Sadat
Independent Candidate,
Farmer’s Seat, Tala District, Menofia

0 comments :

إرسال تعليق